Click here for Visa Application Form 5 (A)
Requirements for Visa application:
1. Please mail/deliver to the Consular Office (address provided below) the following: Your physical passport. Passport must be valid for at least 180 days from date of arrival in South Sudan;
2. Application Form must be completed and signed by the applicant. Please note that Applications printed on both sides of the paper will not be accepted, and visa will not be processed until it is replaced;
3. Two (2) passport sized photo (2 inch by 2 inch);
4. Official LETTER FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION and or Invitation letter addressed to Embassy of South Sudan from your organization in South Sudan, explaining the purpose of your travel;
5. Money order payable to “The Embassy of the Republic of South Sudan”. Please consult the below Visa schedule fee for the correct fee for your application;
6. A self-addressed return envelope (UPS, USPS, FEDEX) with sufficient prepaid postage for those using mail services.
(a) If all necessary requirements are fulfilled, the visa can be issued within 5 business days;
(b) The Embassy is only authorized to grant single entry visas for ordinary passports at this time. Multiple entry visas are only granted to diplomatic and officials;
(c) Any request for extension of stay in South Sudan must be addressed to, and handled with South Sudan Ministry of Interior, Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Immigration prior to expiration of your VISA;
(d) Visa applicant without all the requirements will not be processed.
Categories of Visa Applicants:
South Sudanese Nationals: Nationals holding South Sudanese Passports do not need to acquire visa to travel to South Sudan. South Sudanese Nationals who are traveling with American Passports and U.S. Travel Documents require a visa and must fulfill all the necessary procedures.
American Nationals and holders of U.S. Green Card: Nationals and holders of U.S. Green Cards who are traveling to South Sudan with American Passports, and U.S. Travel Documents, must fulfill all visa requirements, and will be CHARGED a visa fee of $160.00 USD.
African and Asians: Nationals traveling to South Sudan with African and Asian Passports, must fulfill all visa requirements, and will be CHARGED a visa fee of $50.00 USD.
European Nationals Traveling to South Sudan with European Passports, must fulfill all visa requirements, and will be CHARGED a visa fee of $100.00 USD.
All other Passports Not included herein: All other passports not included in these categories will be charged visa fee according to the principal of reciprocity (meaning that the South Sudanese Embassy will charge the same amount that country is charging South Sudanese nationals).
Diplomats and other Government officials: U.S. Officials or diplomats traveling with diplomatic, official or service passport must bring an official letter (A Note Verbale) from U.S. State Department;
Officials or diplomats of other countries: Travelling with diplomatic, official or service passport must bring official letter (A Note Verbale) from their Embassy or appropriate authority;
Visas to Diplomats and Government Officials are issued for Gratis (free).
For follow-up or to request additional information, please call the Consular Office directly on:
Tel: +1 202 293 7940